Every year, the National Law University, Delhi conducts the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) as the mandatory prerequisite exam for admissions into the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and doctorate (PhD) level law courses. Since this exam is conducted for the law programs at NLU solely, the university doesn’t accept any other entrance exams for admission. NLU, Delhi postponed the AILET 2022 exam from May 01, 2022 to June 26, 2022. The application form of AILET 2022 has also been extended till May 25, 2022.
Read the article to know more about the AILET Syllabus, exam pattern, syllabus preparation, highlights and more.
AILET Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
|BA LLB (Hons.)
AILET Exam 2022 Pattern
NLU, Delhi has made some very significant chances in the exam pattern of the AILET 2022 paper. Thus, there have been some changes in the syllabus as well to accommodate better with the new exam pattern.
The AILET exam earlier would have 5 sections. But with the new changes, the AILET 2022 exam will now have 3 sections.
|Total Exam Duration
|1 hour 30 minutes
|No. of sections in the exam
|Total no. of questions
|Mode of Exam
|Held once a year
Updated AILET 2022 Exam Pattern-
|Current Affairs & General Knowledge
AILET 2022 Exam Syllabus
To sail through the exam, it is important for every candidate to be thorough with the exam syllabus. To do so, one needs to start with their preparations ahead of time.
- English: This section aims at testing the candidate’s knowledge of the English language through comprehension passages and grammar based questions. The comprehension section will question the candidates on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, sentence structures, etc. The grammar section requires the correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, parajumbles, synonyms and antonyms, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section aims to test the candidates’ knowledge on both, static and current knowledge.
- Logical Reasoning: The candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links, and rectify illogical arguments will be evaluated in this section. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions.
AILET EXAM 2022 Subject Wise Syllabus
|Topics to Cover
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs
How to Prepare for the AILET Exam 2022 Syllabus?
Now, the most asked question about AILET is “How to crack AILET”? It is important for any candidate aspiring to take the examination, to have a proper and thorough understanding of the AILET 2022 syllabus. This includes:
- Proper perusal and strategizing of the AILET syllabus.
- Know in detail the syllabus of section wise topics and focus areas.
- In order to avoid the pre-exam jitters, divide the syllabus preparation time adequately among all the sections and topics, beforehand.
Tips & Tricks to Ace the AILET Exam 2022 Syllabus:
Following are the tips and tricks for AILET Preparation
For English Section-
Increased reading skills come handy whilst attempting this section.
- Spend time understanding the correct meaning of sentences.
- Improve vocabulary with help of dictionary, newspapers, podcasts, audios for listening exercises videos, and word games (like- wordscape, four letters, black bar, etc.)
- Read books, novels, and blogs to increase reading speed
- For Logical Reasoning Syllabus-
The Logical Reasoning section forms a major part of the AILET 2022 exam, with 70 questions devoted to this part alone. Students ought to prepare the section’s syllabus as under:
- Have a clear understanding of the concepts and learn tricks to solve the questions based on patterns, arrangements, and sequencing by regular practice.
- Read the questions twice and understand them before reaching conclusions.
- Improve vocabulary to deal with difficult or jargon laced sentences.
- Speed and Accuracy is the key to successfully attempt the section.
- Check the kind of questions asked in the previous year question papers; looks for and practice similar such questions.
- Practice as many mock test papers.
- For General Knowledge & Current Affairs Syllabus-
- Subscribe to and read good newspapers like- The Hindu, The Tribune, etc.
- Keep updates with the news channels/platforms like The Quint, The Vice, Brute, South china Morning Post.
- Read and take brief notes.
- Invest in good books for static gk questions.
- Solve Previous Year AILET Exam Question Papers-
To have a proper understanding of the exam pattern and to avoid any last minute surprises on the D-day, it is advised for the candidates to go through the previous year’s questions papers and material. The candidates will also get a fair idea as to what kind of questions to expect specifically for the logical reasoning and English section part of the exam.
How to Find Good Books for AILET Exam 2022 Syllabus Preparation
Finding good and all-encompassing reference books is a task in itself. When selecting an AILET preparation book, candidates should be careful of certain points.
- Pick the latest edition, containing all the updated information as per the latest syllabus.
- The preparation book chosen should cover each or most of the topics prescribed in the AILET Exam 2022 syllabus.
- There should be ample exercises, questions and sample papers that the candidate can solve for practice in the AILET reference book they choose to study from.
List of Books for AILET Exam 2022 Syllabus Preparation
- For English Section:
|Objective General English
|English is Easy
|Arihant’s English Grammar & Composition
|Word Power Made Easy
- For Logical reasoning:
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning
|Analytical Reasoning by
|Legal aptitude and Legal reasoning
|A. P Bharadwaj
|Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning
- For General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
|Arihant General knowledge
|Lucent General Knowledge
|Manohar Pandey/ Arihant
|Advanced Objective General Knowledge